Friday, December 29, 2006

jumpy

I'm having a hard time sitting still today. It was bound to be a good day, anyway -- the beloved little white 30GB iPod* I got for Christmas from my fabulous and very generous husband now has an iSkin, which just arrived. Lovely!

But far bigger events are unfolding today. It looks like we might move. VERY soon. We're staying in the D.C. area. I guess that's good or bad news, depending on whom you are, and also whether or not you like us, but I'm going to assume you do, if you're bothering to check in here.

It feels very, very strange to basically buy a house on a whim. We've been thinking about 'upgrading' for some time, but probably not trying in this miserable housing market until summer. Forgive me for omitting a lot of details here, but the point is -- my head is spinning, and it's all weird, and I've talked to almost nobody about this!

Back to trying to work today. Ha.
I'll keep you updated. It might all come to naught, anyway.
If this does go down, we lose some really good, lovely neighbors, and gain some really good, lovely neighbors. I'm already simultaneously sad and excited about it, and I don't even know for sure it's happening yet.


* I didn't even know I wanted an iPod until, say, last month. A couple of solid years of kids' tunes in my heads leaves me believing I "need" it to retain whatever sanity is left. I feel very consumeristic (is that a word?) and selfish, but I do just love it. I really love it. It's got an 'Atomic green' iSkin case now, and Matt says I should call it Kermit the Pod.

1 comment:

  1. Kate, how exciting! I'm all for making big life decisions based on the gut.

    ReplyDelete