Tuesday, January 02, 2007

new house! new house!

So. We got it! We tossed a low bid at the owners of the aforementioned house, and THEY TOOK IT. I'm flabbergasted. This all feels very unreal, still. Sheesh! It's already been a big 2007.


Here's a photo of the place (I'm assuming blogger will cooperate).

Cool, huh? Of course, the photo's taken very creatively -- it looks like it stands alone on a country estate or something (granted, one that's in the midst of a drought), and actually it's fairly surrounded by homes. But it's great. We are so, so excited. Assuming the deal does go through, that is.


Hilarious -- as I was typing "assuming the deal does go through," Bono sang "a house doesn't make a home" into my ear (through my new iPod! yay yay yay). God definitely has a sense of humor sometimes.


Speaking of sense of humor, I don't know that I have permission to steal this photo (either), but it cracks me up. There's a funny Web site that my boss passed along today (he's an 8-year-old boy, on the inside), that posts photos of 'kitlers'. That would be, cats that look like Hitler. It's awesome.

This is the best one:

Hee hee hee hee hee!

Matt's already running around our present house, spackling and sanding and preparing to paint in preparation for selling. I'm going to be selling a house. This should be unpleasant. Fortunately, though, the purchase of new house isn't contingent upon the sale of this house. Mostly because we're not actually purchasing the other house -- Matt's dad is, then selling it to us in a couple of years. If you're curious about the details, feel free to ask. It's just a bit much to go into here. Here, where we can talk about Kitlers, instead!

6 comments:

  1. so where is this new place? any closer to the city?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, kind of. Not closer enough to make it excitingly so, though. The commute will no doubt be similar in length and frustration. But it's big enough to host any sort of homey event, and the neighborhood's great, and the schools are fabulous, and the neighbors... Well, they're the best part of all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, I gasped when I saw the picture--it's gorgeous! It looks like the kind of house that somebody spends a whole childhood in and always remembers as the epitome of home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like you should post some photos of the neighbors, or at least throw up a link or somesuch (do you owe them money or something?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I can't wait to have you in the area! We may send Sophie to the school you'll be zoned for (haven't decided yet - but we can pupil place her anywhere [teacher perk] and it's a highly ranked school and not far at all.) I'm so excited you'll be moving! I guess you'll be about equally as far away after you move, but somehow I end up in that neighborhood fairly often. :) I thought about driving around to figure out where it was but realized I had no clue. Anyways I'm really excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats -- cool digs. I'm jealous of all the space you'll have!

    ReplyDelete