Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year's resolutions

Why I ever make any, I don't know.
I know better than to do the ol' 'I'll lose weight' one. If there ever was a way to doom me losing weight, it's to TRY to lose weight. Has never happened for trying.

So I thought I'd give two a shot: One a daily, one a more long-term goal.

1) To pray every morning. To go somewhere -- probably the glider chair; I love that thing, and never use it -- and give God some space in which to work. Minimum time a day: Five minutes. I figure, if I get up and do it, that's the battle. It's not the time spent once I'm there.
I'm zero for three so far. Darn it.

2) To finish Lizzy's scrapbook(s) of her first year. I'm insane. I do believe I'm putting almost every photo I took that year in her scrapbook. And yet, I don't think I have a single one where she's clearly shrieking her lungs out. Not very representative.
This goal is cool, because I can take a bit more time. And, I've got, what, four months of the first year to go, so it's not like I'm starting from scratch. And those months are more interesting than the "Here's my friend Kelsey holding Lizzy. Here's her grandpa Ron holding Lizzy. Here's my Mom trying to inject formula into Lizzy's mouth, because apparently we don't have this breastfeeding thing down so well yet." Woo. Big excitement there. These are more of the, "Hey! A mirror! Who's that baby in there?" Or, pre-kitty scratch -- hauling on Kitty's ear -- and post-kitty scratch -- screaming.
Hey. Maybe I do have a screaming one. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment