Monday, August 22, 2005

weekends, oh how I love thee

I just have to say how nice a weekend with almost no plans can be. Seeing good friends, who bring you KILLER pizza, even if for less than 10 minutes. Meeting with a gem of a church (gasp! despite the lack of a BUILDING, or a PARKING LOT) who have fallen into my lap from heaven, as far as I'm concerned. Spending time with the two very wonderful people I live with. Vacuuming. (yes, you read that right. VACUUMING.) Something about seeing the floor vacuumed... makes a place feel like home. Or NOT feel quite like home, and thus very pleasurable. I still need to work on that dusting and getting dishes from the sink into the dishwasher thing, but there's room to grow. And NOT getting in the car much... Yaaaaay. Not that I mind the car. I just hate, loathe, despise and otherwise could very much do without Hwy. 66 on the weekends.

But to end on a positive note: Time with loved ones. And time alone. And, taking NAPS. Hoo-RAY.

4 comments:

  1. What?! A church without a building?? How can that be???? hee hee hee ... sounds like you had a great weekend, even if you did vacuum. Save the dusting for next weekend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hate dusting. It's my least fave. I don't think I've done it since I moved in. (ewwww.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the (only) nice thing about humidity, you hardly ever have to dust here. In eastern washington, dust built up daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, that's a good point! I hadn't ever made that connection. So is it worse in the winter here, then, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete