Thursday, August 11, 2005

my job

I like my job. It's fun. It's a better job than I deserve... I am one of three people who put out a weekly magazine that's inserted into the Stars and Stripes Sunday paper for the soldier types overseas (and their dependents). It's cool. I get to basically read fluffy stuff all day for my job, and I have access to a lot of media releases and whatnot. And it's got weekday hours. Not a common thing in the newspaper biz.
At the moment, I'm putting together this week's movie review page. Select a movie review, plop in the photo, then read other reviews and take a paragraph or two from them to give a "what others said" flavor to the page. So what, you say? Well, I guess it just feels weird to be reading reviews for "Deuce Bigalo: European Gigolo" and get paid for it. I feel a wee bit dirty. Yet, I'm supposed to be doing it. Maybe like a priest who's conducting confessional?
Any of you have those moments at your job, or during your day? Doing things you're supposed to be doing, but that feel almost, well, wrong? Yet they're not?

No comments:

Post a Comment