Thursday, November 30, 2006

fashionista Lizzy


Lizzy sometimes mazes me with her fashion sense. I mean, I don’t know if this is from observation, or what – probably actually more because Belle does this, and that’s her current obsession for imitation – but she prefers the low-slung ponytail. (very fashionable these days in Hollywood) Sometimes I get chastised for putting her ponytail too high. I have to convince her sometimes that it’s as low as is possible to make it.

We went back to the doc today because one of Lizzy's shot sites was swollen and red and hot to the touch. Didn't turn out to be a big deal. But she insisted on stickers, even though it was a brief, routine trip to the doc's office. She picked out one orange and blue Care Bear sticker, and one pink and red Strawberry Shortcake sticker. For reasons I'm not clear on, I always get one. And I have to be wearing it when I pick her up that night from day care, or there will be heck to pay. She held both stickers up to my (purple) pant leg to see which would match better. (I have a black shirt on, so that's a wash.)
Then she handed me the blue and orange one. Nice choice! It's probably causing some puzzlement on the part of my coworkers today, but that's okay.

A recent scene to warm my heart – she said, “Mommy! I’m being Belle.” Because she had been “reading” a book, and she’d put it down, spine open, and she picked it back up to pick up where she’d left off. Belle reads, therefore it’s cool, therefore Lizzy reads.
Disney, I owe ya one.

No comments:

Post a Comment