Friday, November 11, 2005

Photo Friday

Maybe this isn't so funny without the context. Or maybe I am seriously deranged. (you may vote in the comments section, if you like.)
I'll try to re-create the moment in which I first saw it: I'm compiling a car-care package -- not writing it, but laying out the pages and editing it -- for the magazine this week. So my co-workers and I were digging around for stuff to illustrate it, since we don't always (or ever) get the most stellar art possibilities to go along with the stories we're sent. I'd go into more detail about the ins and outs of how my job works, but I want to attempt to entertain, not put you all into comas. Anyway. My boss, Brian, and my cube neighbor, Danielle, were sending me art possibilities. Serious ones. Then my boss sends me this one, with the message line, "possible car care art."





(note plastic limbs in foreground)


A good laugh at work is a good thing! Makes me feel like I'm getting away with something, if I have jolly moments while I'm getting paid to be here.

In other, not very interesting news: Our on-again, off-again (mostly off-again) maintenance guy got most of the pretty done on the front of the house on Tuesday! And he's back again today, Matt tells me, finishing up! Except the painting, I guess. That two months he disappeared from sight took up all the prime paintin' time. And the prime primin' time. Heh heh. (a little homeowner humor there)

And, it was 59 degrees when I left the house today. Big deal, you say? IN THE HOUSE. We might as well unplug the fridge -- we could leave stuff out on the kitchen counter and it would be juuuust fine. Oh, except the frozen stuff. So far.

Our furnace hasn't been working all week. I hesitate to say it's broken, because I don't KNOW that it's broken, and thus would cost untold riches to repair. Ahhh, yes. But no matter how much that house costs to maintain, when I think about my apartment neighbor from Hades and the paper-thin walls in the building I was just in (no offense, Mike! It was a good deal at the time, for awhile!), I know it's all worthwhile.

We'll have to have some sort of party so you can all come admire the newly beautified home. And so most of you can see where I live, for cryin' out loud. When did I become so antisocial?

No comments:

Post a Comment