Monday, November 28, 2005

I feel for you -- I think I love you

Now you just know I'm feeling silly with a title like that!

I don't have time to do a "proper" entry that adequately runs down the craziness that was the Thanksgiving "weekend" (during which I technically had my normal two-day weekend, which made it even crazier) , so I will leave you wanting more with a mere list of things that I need to blog about later. And a prayer request.

-- 5-k 'Turkey Trot' on Thanksgiving morning
-- Thanksgiving with the 'in-laws'
-- Visit and stay of one of said in-laws
-- Panic and subsequent frantic shopping, and subsequent forgetting of friend's birthday party, when realization that dress for upcoming wedding was left at dry cleaners, and dry cleaners was closed through weekend
-- Wedding
-- Last-minute (and, I kid you not on that part) decision to attend Matt's 10-year class reunion, and said reunion itself
-- Subsequent hangover of Matt, resulting in me watching Lizzy ALL BY MYSELF on churchless Sunday morn. Boo hoo! (well, that might be all I have to say about that one, actually)
-- Scary scary Lizzy choking incident Sunday night -- first we've ever had of its kind -- resulting in us both falling down and praising God, in our own ways, for our daughter and our mightily blessed lives.
Lizzy really didn't like being smacked on the back. That was the funniest part of that incident. In retrospect, of course. Not much was funny about it at the time ... she was really shocked that Daddy "hit" her. (in a non-spanking way, because we do spank her occasionally) Poor Daddy, who might have just saved her life, was left trying to explain to the shocked and shaken three-year-old that it was for her own good...

And the prayer request. Most of those who read this blog already know about this, or have posted their own prayer requests on this matter. But for those who don't already know (hm, Jayster and my mom, I guess?), please, please remember my dear friends Mike and Stacy in your prayers. They're about three months pregnant with twins, and it's the most blessed event ever -- take my word for it -- and they will make the best parents in the history of mankind, and they're having a scary week. Some bad, scary signs and complications.
Please beg God that He will allow these precious lives to join us here on this earth, in five or six months, when it would be a good time. Because we all want to know them, and there are many, many lives that will be blessed by them. So please, God. If there is any way to let this happen. As Stacy's brother once said, a long time ago, in regards to another life-or-death situation ... all we can do is ask You.
So, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment