Friday, October 28, 2005

Mirror, Mirror


I wasn't going to dress up tonight for Boo at the Zoo, but I got a costume I think would go over well (or not) with the kiddos -- the Evil Queen from Snow White. We were looking at costumes last night (when, by the way, we ran into Lady Light and the Lightfamily! In Target! In Manassas! An unexpected treat. It makes me feel so much better to know that perfectly sane, normal people -- stop it, yes they ARE, or if they're not, none of us should be -- are in my town, or near it. Centreville, etc. I'm not as isolated as I sometimes feel), when I saw this costume. Awesome! Total evil, in the guise of a great beauty, at least in her own mind (hm, why is that appealing) ... No hair or close-fitting garments required! That, I do believe, is the biggest attraction of the costume. I hadn't realized somehow, before this year, how difficult it is to find a costume (what, you say? One can be MADE? You've clearly forgotten to whom you are conversing) that doesn't make a grown woman appear, um, sexy. (another word that begins with "S" is actually more apropos, but I'll try to be genteel.) And I can get a good ol' shiny red Washington State apple as a prop. My question now is, is their an inner slut -- ooops, sexy person -- inside all of us chicks, supposedly? Am I missing some kind of boat here? And if I am, I'll happily wave goodbye as it sails on. Men's imaginations are good enough. They don't need this kind of help.
We're cross-pollinating the fairy tale pool here. I hope Disney doesn't mind! (HAHAHAHA -- because he followed the original stories so faithfully...) Hans Christian Anderson, the Bros. Grimm and whoever else has been wronged at the hands of Walt, this one's for you.
I just hope I don't freak out Lizzy too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment