Friday, July 18, 2008

piccies

Sorry about the delay. It's been a 'not five minutes of opportunity' kind of day.

We're all doing pretty well. Maddie decided that she wanted to try to feed ALL NIGHT LONG, which will probably be great for prompting milk production quickly, but not so great for Mommy. So I'm hoping (for no good reason) that this upcomnig night won't be the third almost entirely sleepless one in a row. Ugh.
Lizzy would hear her crying in the middle of the night and come downstairs and find us, wherever I had stolen away with the baby so that she wouldn't wake up her big sister. But Big Sister insisted on helping. "I don't mind!" she'd say. "I'm getting some good sleep!"
Come on, milk production -- and bring a sleepy, sated baby with you.

Here are some photos that Stacy the Baby Whisperer (and super photographer, along with her many other skills) took yesterday -- about 12 hours after Maddie was born. Isn't she a little doll!












9 comments:

  1. Those are two gorgeous girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks just like Matt! You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. Cameron and I share the Google Account. :) ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sure is a doll! Excellent genes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:14 PM EDT

    So beautiful! What a lovely family. I shared the news with Sheila--hope that's okay & that I'm not stealing your thunder. Keep up the good work with nursing, Kate! What a lucky little girl Maddie is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's beautiful! She already has adorable round cheeks!

    Lizzy is lovely as well--she looks so mature . . . and so much like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. Jason and I were also remarking that Maddie looked so much like Matt and that Lizzie was starting to look a lot like you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! Sorry I'm a bit late! She's beautiful. And I love the name. And I'm glad you made it through another birth without drugs--you superwoman! I hope you've settled in to napping when she naps now that the adrenaline has worn off. Big hugs and love to you. G xx

    ReplyDelete