Wednesday, July 16, 2008

D-day

Yep, it's my due date.

And, oddity of oddities, it would appear that this precocious baby is going to appear today! Also, it chose to start things off at about 7:15 a.m. (water breaking as I got out of the shower), giving Mom and Dad a full night's rest beforehand. Already more merciful than Big Sis was as an infant.

Yet, no contractions, so the dreaded spectre of Castor Oil looms. Not that the birth center has said that. Not that I've talked to them. I got their answering service, and the guy said he'd page the person on call, and I didn't know if I was supposed to hang on or hang up, so I hung up. C'mon - don't make me THINK right now!

So it could well be awhile. Matt's angling to go to Bob Evans (breakfast place), then drop Lizzy off at school.

Man, this timing's awesome. Regrettably, there were a couple tasks that didn't get completed at work yesterday, but they weren't problems that were under my control, so ... sorry, coworkers! And best of luck to you.

So let me go get packed, and grab that Baby Name book, and we're going to hit the road soon (or not? rush-hour traffic?) and see what we shall see.

Toodles!

5 comments:

  1. Wooo-hooo! This is so exciting!!!! :-) Can't wait to meet the shiny new Maisel-child!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, yay, yay!!!! I'm so excited. Let us know if we can watch Lizzy or help with the catering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Maisels!! Can't wait to meet the new guy/girl--can't wait to see which one it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting. And I love that (s)he is so punctual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How kind of you to leave your blog readers so well informed! Are you taking your laptop to labor and delivery? :)

    We look forward to hearing news on Miss Maisel. I pray your delivery is quick, but please don't use the Castor Oil. I thought you learned your lesson last time. :)

    ReplyDelete