Tuesday, January 08, 2008

new acquisition


My brave little long-lived phone cracked yesterday, and its end was clearly near.

I was horrified at first, but quickly sniffed an opportunity. New phone! New technology!

Handing me technology is such a waste, though. I don't maximize it at all. I mean, most of these things are now Bluetooth-compatible. I will simply never walk around in public with one of those headpieces, looking like a Borg who's talking to myself. That's all there is to it.
But I just can't bring myself to buy a phone these days that's JUST a phone. Why not get some goodies, while you're at it?

At first, I was mightily seduced by this phone. And it's even called Chocolate! Not that I'm the world's biggest chocolate fan. But still. (unless it's Cadbury's from England. Huge exception.)

After much agonizing, a little advice from Monkey Boy and a lot of encouragement from the hubby, I got this phone. As I purchased it, the lady who was helping me told me that all the employees in the store have the same model. Well, then ...

(view at left is phone when opened to QWERTY keyboard and big screen option)

I got the bright orange (as opposed to silver, or a really muted green-gray) just to be wacky. So now I have Kermit the (i)Pod, and Pumpkin the Phone.

1 comment: