Wednesday, January 09, 2008

indulgence

This is a new high/low: A Starbucks has opened in my office building. There's been one on the same block for years, but this one does not require me to actually venture outside. A trip there does entail a slightly complicated maneuvering through Filene's Basement (dangerous! many clothing and shoe-type temptations!) and the bowels of the building, to emerge safe and sound in the Marriott lobby, at the back of which is our spanking new vendor of temptation.

If only coffee sounded good to me. I'm still waiting for that desire to return.

3 comments:

  1. My office building used to be attached to a Target, which conveniently had a Starbucks inside to boot. I have fond memories of taking coffee breaks with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the meantime, there's always caramel apple cider - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I didn't know that you were still off coffee--wow!

    If I worked in the same building as a Starbucks, I'd probably have to get an additional job there.

    ReplyDelete