Monday, April 10, 2006

best dressed

MEMO TO MY MALE FRIENDS: You will not care about this post. Trust me. So, just move along, nothing to see here... If you do wish to take part, please do so! But you have been warned. Serious estrogen levels ahead.

So, okay. I know this is unorthodox. I know that NO ONE, least of all my fiancee, is supposed to have the SLIGHTEST CLUE what my wedding dress will look like. I kind of get why, but, well, I kind of don't. I mean, it's a dress. You're not seeing me in it, right? And for just about exactly four years now, nothing in my life has been a secret. So why should this be?

The thing is, dear lady friends, I need your help. I cannot choose! Please feel free to vote. But please don't feel offended if I disregard your thoughtful selection. In the past 24 hours, I have convinced myself, at various times, to go with each of the following. Yep. That's the one. Only to change my mind later.

So I'm not exactly saying "choose for me" ... only sort of saying that.

One friend said, "If you didn't feel like the dress was THE ONE when you put it on, then none of them is." But, c'mon. It's just a dress, for just one day (or two, since I'm having a West Coast reception also). So I shouldn't care so much. And I don't. But, I do have to choose SOMETHING...

Here are the contestants. Please remember that we're talking a late September wedding out in the country. If that makes any difference. And rest assured, these are all flattering, or they would not have made the final cut.

What think ye?

OPTION 1:



















OPTION 2:




















OPTION 3:
(but not pink. Probably ivory. And the edges down the back would be rum-colored. I couldn't find the exact dress online. Actually, I could, but they're not-so-great photos from ebay -- I'll throw two of those on here, too, just to confuse things.)


















OPTION 4:

(please ignore the extremely strange model. Nothing like the 'bedhead hairdo with sea anemone hat' look for your wedding!)



8 comments:

  1. I shall boldly go where angels fear to tread and say option 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I know I'm a male (though you may question that by the end of the post), but I like 1 and 3. I think empire waists always look good for wedding dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also equally torn between 1 and 3. Well, maybe leaning a little towards 1. Kate, I think you'll be stunning in any of the dresses... that has to be the reason it's so hard to choose. But I think the eleagent simplicity of dress 1 would just compliment you so much... Good luck picking.

    Oh and Schuyler, I think it's so cool that you commented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like 1 and 3 too! I think 1 is the most classic and elegant. 3 is also classic/elegant, and the halter would be really pretty from the side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like 1 best for you. It seems more sophisticated. Also, when we were planning our wedding, we followed almost none of those rules. Schuyler actually went with me to shop for the gown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, sorry Schuyler, but none of these would really qualify as an empire waist. An empire waist has the waisline above the actual waist, usually just below the bust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie: Hee! And, I LOVE that you broke that rule. Hm! Perhaps I WILL show Matt the potentials. And Lizzy! She can be my tiebreaking vote. :)
    I might have to go back to the shops and try 1 and 3 on again. Close the eyes until I get to a big mirror, then see what hits me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And, nice new photos, Liz and Maggie! Wow. Especially Maggie's. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete