Tuesday, November 25, 2008

where'd all my time go?

My husband, of all people, introduced me to Facebook last Friday, and there's been no looking back. (he's already regretting it.) The blog has taken a hit as a result. It's probably the one thing (well, aside from IMing, I suppose) that makes blogging look like it's too slow at updating me on friends' lives. On Facebook, it's all just too easy. And when I say too easy, I mean TOO EASY.

But Facebook, like other sites of its kind, won't allow people to surf around and check out folks' pages unless the folks say it's okay, and everyone's signed into Facebook and got a page of his/her own. So its usefulness is limited.

So now I've got friends on Facebook who don't visit the blog; friends and family who see the blog, but aren't members of Facebook, so don't see that; and those unfortunate souls who are confronted with both. Let the overlap begin!

In that spirit, here are some photos, which folks on Facebook could see yesterday, taken from this past weekend's church retreat. (disclaimer: Lizzy, Maddie and I were only there for about five hours because Lizzy was puking her guts out for most of Friday night. I do not exaggerate.)









The low point, Facebook-wise, came when Matt was in the basement, on the computer, and I, who had told him I was going to bed, decided after brushing my teeth to check the computer on the midlevel of the house 'one last time.' So he learned of my 'status' through an e-mail automatically sent to him that I was on the computer. We know we're not the first this has happened to, but it does seem distinctly sad when you learn of your spouse's whereabouts and activities, WHILE IN THE SAME HOUSE, through the computer.

Yes, dear. We now ARE those people.

(to my friend Lisa: Yes, this is the adorable outfit you bought Maddie! I LOVE IT. I am sad that, in a month or so, it will likely no longer fit.) :(

3 comments:

  1. I didn't even remember! She does look adorable in it. But what I noticed first was her beautiful eyes. I love the shape. That's a cute one of you two smiling at each other, too. And poor Lizzy, she looks awful curled up on the coach. Thanks for keeping us non-facebook people in the loop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture where you and Maddie are looking at each other - you look so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm no less excited to see these pics than if it was my first time. :)

    ReplyDelete