Friday, November 07, 2008

camera envy

I get this funny sense of paranoia whenever I'm going to say anything about Lizzy these days that's a secret (from her) -- as if she might read the blog. Ha! Although, I suppose that day will be upon us at some point ...

I bought her a camera yesterday. Actually, her Pop-Pop (Matt's dad) and my parents bought it. Or the money they sent for her birthday bought it.
Anyway, she's getting a camera for her birthday, which is today, and it's pretty sweet. Yeah, I probably could've bought it cheaper elsewhere, had I done some research, etc., but I'd talked to a guy from Ritz Camera about this awhile back -- I took in Lizzy's 'kid digital camera' to download the photos, and whoa, you can barely get a decent 4-by-6 with the resolution that thing doesn't have -- and he recommended that, next time, I purchase a 'grown-up' camera, and get a replacement policy for it. If she drops it, I can get a new one. Of course, if she loses it, I'm outta luck.

So, this time, that's what I got. She's been borrowing my camera lately, and it makes me nervous. She can have her own to destroy.

Problem is, since mine is umpteen years old (in reality, probably about 4), hers is nicer! Has a way better view screen, anyway, and 8 megapixels. Eight! I don't even know what mine has but it's something pathetic, like 2 or 4. Bah!

It's gonna cause me a little pain, along with the pride, to see her whipping out this sharp, compact camera that kicks the backside of my bit of old technology. Except for my killer zoom. A large part of what I was going for with my point-and-shoot purchase.

You can bet that, if she opens it tonight and isn't exploding with joy, I'm taking it right back. Darnit.
Perhaps it's Mommy's turn to borrow Lizzy's camera now and then ...

Added bonus! She'll be taking twenty thousand photos of Maddie. (The poor baby's going to go blind.) If any of them turn out well, I can fold them into the Baby Pics collection.

The one wrinkle in my plan is in how to limit the number of photos she wants me to develop. Set a limit over a certain period of time? Make her pay out of her own money? (that's the source of another blog entry, probably.)

Suggestions welcome. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how sweet! What a nice gift. :)

    Sounds like photo printing privileges could be a great bribe!

    ReplyDelete