Monday, April 21, 2008

too MUCH sugar, apparently

I took a glucose tolerance test on Thursday afternoon. Apparently, I failed it. Not by a lot, I'm told, but by enough that they want me to re-test -- this time, for three hours.

So, tomorrow morning I'll be sitting at some random office on K Street for three hours, not having eaten anything since the night before. I wish there were a way to communicate to the wee (unborn) child that, yes, I know you're squirming around because you're hungry, but, no, I'm not allowed to give you anything just yet. Except that blast of sugary glucose drink. I hope my innards survive the thrashing.

In the grand scheme of things, even if I do turn out to have gestational diabetes, I suppose it's not that big a problem. But I'm feeling a bit mopey about it. I just don't want to have to deal. Let's just get through the next three months in a normal-type fashion and get the show on the road, people.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:47 PM EDT

    How did it go? Did you feel ok during the test?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. I dreaded the glucose test . . . not so much because I was worried about the health risks, but because I was worried about having my diet restricted. Superficial, huh?

    ReplyDelete