Tuesday, April 22, 2008

the music of the night

I've been looking forward to tonight's episode of American Idol for as long as I've known about it. If you're at all intrigued by this show, particularly the train-wreck appeal, I highly suggest you tune in tonight.

It's Andrew Lloyd Webber night, people. I just don't know how much more beautiful it gets than that. And I'm saying that after having seen Dolly Parton night, and Mariah Carey night.

My only regrets are that there are only six singers left, so only six ALW-penned performances; and the dramatic, full-throated singing options likely mean the end of my favorite potential Idol, Brooke.

THIS ... is excellent escapism!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:46 PM EDT

    I can't believe you like Brooke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there goes your 'powerful voices will do better on ALW night' theory. Unfortunately, talent only gets you so far on Idol. I think Brooke is a nice girl and she sings well enough but I get tired of her pouting every week. And poor Carly - she should still be on the show.

    ReplyDelete