Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

As usual, I have much to be thankful for.

The latest thing: I'm finally pregnant! Thanks be to God. I was beginning to wonder if that particular blessing would be forthcoming.

I was asking a friend a couple of days ago whether I should put this on my blog yet. It's obviously uppermost in my thoughts these days, so NOT blogging about it was putting a damper on blogging at all. (yes, that DOES mean you'll be treated to all kinds of pregnancy mumbo-jumbo for the next eight or so months. Sorry ...)

Then I realized, most of the 14 or so souls who read this blog already know. So, why not?

I was beginning to feel like the whole world, minus me, was living in baby expectancy. We just had two new babies in my office (born to wives of my co-workers), and another lady's about to pop. I have three other dear friends who are in various stages of pregnancy, another acquaintance/friend (she feels like a dear friend, but since I know her mostly through her blog, does that count?) and two wives of friends. It's a baby boom!
Which was a little depressing, when I was trying to join the party but couldn't seem to land an invitation. Now I have, and it feels great.

And I'm looking forward to hearing who's next to join our rounded-belly band!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! You have much to be thankful for!!

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! [And I want to count! ;)]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kate (and Matt).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:17 PM EST

    YAY!!! A huge congrats to the whole family! GREAT news! (ummm, if you want some tall maternity clothes let me know) Mir

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:18 PM EST

    I'm thrilled with the news. Can't wait!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you bringing snicker doodles to the party?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:32 PM EST

    Whoo hoo! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete