Thursday, October 11, 2007

practice?

We did a few things this past weekend! You wouldn't know it from my apparent need to complain on the blog about things that don't matter, but seriously -- we did. It's just that the photo-heavy entries require time, or at least some furtiveness at work, to compile. I apologize for my timeline-busting entries here.

We inherited a small boy for a few hours on Saturday -- our buddy Kieran from church. This was fun for two reasons: We got to spend some quality time with him, instead of sort of wrestling him and six or so other small kids in a hallway during church kid care; and we got to see how Lizzy reacted to having one younger one around in the context of just our family at home.

I couldn't believe how grown up he is these days! This newly minted little 2-year-old was chattering away, and so well-behaved. His parents should be proud. I hope they don't mind that we totally used him for free labor as we worked on the yard:



Lizzy's learned how to make even dead leaves into a posing accessory:



Lovin' the yardwork help.





Lizzy said a few times, "Kieran's such a good baby!" Which, predictably, Kieran didn't care for. "I'm not a baby!" he would assert. "Wow," says Lizzy. "He can talk pretty well!" I was feeling bad for Kieran about then. But they did play nicely, and shared pretty well. It made Matt and me hope for things that haven't seen to manifest yet.



The cute-as-heck kid wheelbarrow that they both got a kick out of using:





One of the things I love about other kids coming over is that Lizzy is reminded how many very cool toys she has. Many of which are ignored until that very moment. I was guilty of this as a kid, as well -- I don't think my brother and I played much Atari until our cousins came over. Then it was wall-to-wall Atari until they left, or so it felt! I miss Breakout -- sigh.




Back to Kieran. He reminded us that we have a functional, fun train table at our disposal!









And now, finally. Last, but as I'm sure you'll agree, certainly not least -- a photo I'd like to dedicate to Kieran's father, Ken:

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Kate. It's me, Steve Hoffmann. Email me at thegillerds@gmail.com. I have some news. I don't have your work email anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:37 PM EDT

    Kate, speak for yourself! I was an Atari nut and played whenever allowed to do so! (Especially if I could show off in front of anyone else.)

    -Bro. B

    ReplyDelete