Wednesday, October 03, 2007

if wishes were fishes ...

I'd see my high school friends a lot more often.

Here are a couple of photos that my dear friend (and bridesmaid!) Lisa just sent.

At the time(s) these friendly gatherings of folks were being planned, I thought, "Yeah, right, I'm going to fly myself and possibly my family over to Seattle for this! C'mon! What am I, made of money and vacation time?"
Now I kinda wish I had. Some opportunities just don't come along very often.

It's hard to know in the moment which opportunities to take hold of, and which to regretfully let pass me by. I'm trying to take the 'opportunity' to not add to my mountain of debt, but ... as a certain pithy credit-card ad campaign (irony alert!) reminds us, some things are priceless.

Some of my friends, and their hubbies, and their kids:



And some of the friends by themselves.



I hope none of them get mad that I put these on the internet. Sorry, gals!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:13 AM EDT

    Don't worry, Kate! We will get together when you come out in Jan/Feb 2008. We need excuses to gather now that most of us are married and are done having kids. I said "most". :)

    ReplyDelete