Friday, May 18, 2007

party people

Lizzy and I are going to no fewer than three parties tomorrow. One of a school friend, in Ashburn (finally! Evidence that someone else at the day care doesn't live in Arlington! We're grateful), one who's a daughter of daddy's friend, in Manassas, and then a neighborhood block party that so happens to be held right at the bottom of our driveway. I've heard from a couple of neighbors that the previous occupants never attended the party, and somehow required entrance or exit at the height of the festivities, effectively requiring the seas to part, with difficulty. It's nice having such low standards to live up to as neighbors. Matt and I can manage to at least attend the occasional party. Hooray!
Lizzy and I were actually invited to a fourth party, but we decided, c'mon -- enough is enough! The baby shower can happen without us. Somehow.

In the interests of time -- I'm helping my boss with a project this week, because we have no one on vacation for the first time in two months, so we had to come up with SOMETHING time-consuming to do -- I'll tack on this excerpt from a friendly e-mail earlier today to Dottie:

The bluejay birdies on Lizzy's play equipment hatched. They nested on what amounts to a perfect viewing platform, yet they don’t have the consideration to move along when we want to view the babies! Unbelievable. I never see the birds feeding their chickies (five of six seem to have hatched), but the babies continue to grow. I know this because they’re too big to fully conceal (though the bird gets REALLY fluffed up when I come around; it’s interesting), and I see babies poking out from underneath. That CANNOT be comfortable for them! And I can tell they’re still alive, and bigger. So they must be getting SOME food. Maybe in the early morning?
Lizzy played sick yesterday. She threw up real good in the car Wednesday evening on the way home – she told us that morning that she was sick, but she seemed fine (no fever) and so we didn’t believe her, and she seemed to do fine at school all day – so Matt stayed home with her yesterday. They jumped and bounced and kicked and played, some with Ethan, the good friend and neighbor, and then when I got home (at nearly 8! I hate the non-HOV commuting options), we all – Ethan’s parents, and another friend named Jackie – imbibed margaritas and had fajitas. Lots of fun. A good almost-ending to my week.
I’m trying to lean on Matt to patch up the squirrel holes (wherever they are) in the attic this weekend. I am paranoid about Squrrels II: The Return. Which could, I suppose, happen any time – I hear they have two nestfuls per summer season. Yes, unlikely to be soon, but I want no chances taken.


Have a great weekend, y'all. Only five hours of must-see prime-time sweeps viewing left! In Matt's words, 'after next week, I get my wife back.'

No comments:

Post a Comment