Monday, August 28, 2006

couch as couch can

I'm hoping to talk about the camping trip Lizzy and I just went on with some church friends as soon as I can get hold of a few photos I took before my camera battery died. A fact that I'm sure the friends we camped with are sick of hearing about, as I was constantly moaning about it. But, we had a great time, thanks in no small part to those who cooked over the ol' campfire and shared with all, and the friends with the warm, dry camper who took pity on us when our wee $17 tent was no match for an unexpected thunderstorm.

The couch! Remember the couch? The sign that we're really 'grown up,' etc.? Well, it's turned out to be a rather crappy one, after all. I don't think it's comfy - the top part sticks out too much, so sitting up straight in it is rather difficult. That part is too stiff. It's okay to lie down on, I suppose, but then I'm looking at the TV sideways, and that bugs me. Not that I get much time to be watching, anyway, so it's mostly a moot point. It DOES have a fold-out bed part, and that's key. But we suspect that the doofuses who reconstructed it in our basement (it wouldn't fit downstairs as-was, so they had to deconstruct/ reconstruct) didn't do it right. Both sections had a saggy end. Well, Matt hopped on it last week and heard a 'crack,' so we decided to actually call and see about getting it fixed, FINALLY. Matt, who stayed home from work sick this morning, just called me to let me know that it had a one-year warranty. The date we bought it was:

(drum roll)

August 28th.

Depending on how you look at that, we squeaked in a complaint under the wire, or we're SOL. Fortunately, the couch co. is going to honor the warranty.

WHEW. Someone's definitely looking out for us!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that you got rained on during your camping trip. That kind of uncertainty and my ever-increasing fussiness about comfort is why you won't catch me camping.

    ReplyDelete