Friday, October 24, 2008

I am undeniably geeky sometimes

That new Star Trek trailer – well, it’s not really new, even! – the one that just says that a new movie is coming? And has Leonard Nimoy speaking the first few phrases of the 'Star Trek' info, plus the first few notes of the music? It gives me chills and lifts my spirits every time I see it.

Yes, it's yet another prequel. But it's a franchise that sorely needs a reboot. I suppose you could argue the same for Batman or Superman, or any of the others that have had the same, but I guess I care more about my little Trekiverse.

J.J. (Abrams), come through for me, baby. I’m counting on you.

(I told you people I was bored.)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:48 PM EDT

    Nice blog, the newest full length trailer for Star Trek will be coming out next month attached to the upcoming James Bond film. Feel free to visit my site to see some of the just released photos from the new movie.

    Cheers,
    ~T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart JJ Abrams. From his Felicity days to Alias, Lost, and the sadly short-lived What About Brian, even through MI:3 . . . sigh.

    ReplyDelete