Thursday, June 07, 2007

we're inspirational!

A movie called "Knocked Up" came out recently. Brought to you by the people responsible for "The 40-Year-Old Virgin." Which was, I must say, the sweetest/crudest combo I never thought possible. Sweet crude, baby. Sounds like oil.
One of Matt's friends e-mailed their friend net at large to say that Matt and I should sue. It's the Matt and Kate story! I told my mom that, and she said Matt should be offended -- that it's basically Shrek having a one-night stand with a supermodel. (wait, I saw that movie. It was called 'Shrek.')
Apparently, Matt's friend added: "Yeah. The part about this movie that was different is that the woman didn't then try to run off to Germany with the baby." Cute. Guess we'll have to hold off on that lawsuit. Nothing like a big fat reminder of the stupidest thing you ever tried to do.

Thank the Lord for stiff international kidnapping laws... Or my life might be very different right now. Just another reminder that sometimes we don't get what we think we want. And Hallelujah for that.

Fortunately, there are plenty of other silly summer movies I would rather see before this one. Movies that (I hope) won't leave me cringing throughout.

So far this summer, flickage I have seen:

SHREK 3: Might have been a lot funnier, had I not read about or seen 99 percent of the jokes before entering the theater. Perils of the job, I suppose.
SPIDER-MAN 3: Not bad. I loved Emo Spidey, as I might have already mentioned. And the scenes between Peter and Mary Jane (though I hate Kirsten Dunst in this role, or any other in which she is not supposed to be high on weed, because she always looks like she is) were touching and felt genuine to me. The criminals were over the top, and dispatched a bit perfunctorily for me. But I'll have to own it someday just for the 'Bad Spidey' parts. Hilarious! Also, who'dve known that Bryce Dallas Howard could look so hot?
PIRATES 3: The usual mish-mash of plot blowing past my ears as I try to ignore those distractions (as well as Keira Knightley's weird underbite) and focus on how delightfully wacky most of the characters are, and how lush and awesome are the visuals. Orlando Bloom is even starting to make me forget his elvin days. Amazing.

UP NEXT: Probably Ocean's 13. And the Bourne Ultimatum. Because I just can't get enough of Movies No. 3.

3 comments:

  1. Kate. Germany. International kidnapping laws. HA HA HAH you have the best funny writing. I wish we could be movie-going buddies. I am going to see pirates 3 by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did think of you when the movie came out. We have yet to see it, but we want to. Erin, although I saw the movie, you may want to consider skipping Pirates 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha. I rad a review of Knocked up--I think it was in the NY Times, that said it was surprisingly very, very good and, in its way, really about family. Ha. :)

    ReplyDelete