Wednesday, July 26, 2006

*sound of bride-to-be hyperventilating*

So. Guess who was fired? The woman whose job it was to coordinate events at our reception site, that's who.

First of all, it's a shame. I liked her. I was afraid that was going to happen.

Second of all, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Because the guy who's suddenly got an extra job and a half dumped in his lap is unlikely to care very much about the finer points, I would suspect. He seems all about convincing us that things will be fine, which, as I might have mentioned the first time we chatted with him, I find rather insulting. Dude, MAKE things fine. Tell me the ways in which things will be fine, and then I might choose to believe you.

Do you remember the scene from "Mars Attacks" (a much better movie than you might think, if you haven't seen it. Or maybe I'm the only one who thinks so) in which the Martians chase the people around, saying, "We come in peace! We will not harm you!" and other total lies designed to get people to let them approach, at which time the Martians would obliterate them with a laser blast? (or some other weapon. I really don't remember.) That's what this feels like. Your words do nothing to comfort me! Show me that you are doing something about it! Prove yourself, man!

Also -- I wonder when we were going to be informed of this change. Are they just waiting around until brides-to-be call them, expecting to talk to the coordinator? Lovely.

I'm getting off track here. Suffice to say: Yikes. This puts an entirely new angle on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment