Tuesday, August 19, 2008

uh-oh

(I don't know why this is all underlined, and I can't figure out how to fix it ... sorry.)

Could we be entering ... the colic zone? (cue Twilight Zone music)
My sweet little girl disappeared yesterday, and a tiny screaming monster took her place. Ugh.
I think she was having some tummy troubles. I sure hope they're temporary.
I told Matt and Lizzy about it when they got home, and Lizzy suggested that maybe Maddie was tired of watching the Olympics. Cute, kid. Real cute.
Madeline is also breaking out, as I told Matt, "like Atari in 1977." Yes, and I'm actually pretty proud of that joke. The curse of baby acne. So she looks AND sound miserable.
But, in general, we're doing fine. I just hope and pray that the screaming jags aren't to be a regular thing around here.
And now, if I can get them to work, here are a bunch of more recent photos of the fam.



Lizzy's having fun with Daddy down in his new 'studio' (back corner of the basement). We found a nice futon on Craigslist for the studio, and he's got his new music-making computer down there, and his brother's drum set and his guitars ... it looks quite impressive. Lizzy enjoys laying down some drum beats from time to time.


Daddy love!



Lizzy thought this was cute -- that it looked like Maddie was waving. I think it looks like she's drowning. Big sisters! Hmph.



I've gotta repeat something Lizzy said recently. She said, "I wish I were Maddie." When I asked why, she explained that she's so little and cute. I said, "You were a cute little baby at one point! And you still are cute!" She said, "Well, she's got one thing I didn't have." (what's that?) "A wonderful big sister." I love the lack of modesty. But, she's right!





The two of them sleeping next to each other is, while a mite dangerous, about the cutest thing I've ever seen in this world.


4 comments:

  1. Ah, infancy. The intestinal woes of the newborn, the acne of the adolescent, the hair loss of the middle aged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics!! I want some of you, though!! You know, colic (as I can expertly attest) usually hits around 2 to 3 weeks, so hopefully this is just a little fussy phase. Here's hoping!! You have some seriously cute kids, kate! As an editor, does it bother you I use so many exclamation points???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara: Ha ha! Wow. That's a lot to lay on such a little person. But you're so right!

    Danielle: You're an editor, so you get a free pass -- right??? RIGHT?!!!!! ;)

    Photos of me: Ugh. That's all there is to say. I'll probably post some sort of woe-is-me, lack-of-weight-loss entry here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lizzy looks so much older all of a sudden. I love her long hair!

    Maddy is adorable. Thanks for the updated piccies!

    ReplyDelete