Wednesday, February 20, 2008

apparently, I control the weather

I just stepped outside, and was relieved to see that it was indeed snowing. Fat, feathery flakes were floating down and starting to coat things like trees and statues.

I told Lizzy this morning that it might snow today. Lizzy -- who has declared that her favorite weather is 'snowy' -- got really excited. She wanted to make sure we went to school today (uh, yyyyeah) because she missed out on the snow-playing last time (we had to stay home sick, coincidentally). And the next day, she wore her sparkly princess shoes and her teachers wouldn't let her play in the non-covered areas of the playground.

I reminded her of this, and convinced her to wear her tennis shoes.

But boy, would I have been in trouble if it hadn't snowed. A missed opportunity to wear princess shoes is a VERY serious matter. And I don't think I could hide behind any flimsy 'I said MAYBE it would snow!' logic.

Oh, in other Lizzy-isms: last night, she asked Matt and me, at about 7:50, if we could watch American Idol that night. We generously acquiesced.

ha HA. The brainwashing is complete!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite rounds of Idol are the early rounds - with the truly untalented. Every time I remind Jason it's American Idol night, he looks at me with disgust and heads to a remote part of the house.

    ReplyDelete