Monday, July 09, 2007

it's July, so it must be time for ...

our car's air conditioning to stop working!

Rats.

Speaking of rats, we saw Ratatouille last night! It gets two paws up from me AND my 4-year-old. That Brad Bird guy (The Incredibles -- one of the best action movies, ever! If you haven't seen it, and you're over the age of three, you really MUST) knows what he's doing. Good times. Don't be scared away by the rats. He could animate a muddy puddle, and it would we worth seeing.

Speaking of movies (hey, transitions are easy to do when I'm the only one talking), Matt moved his dad into our basement this weekend. Well, his dad helped, too. Let me rephrase that: Matt's dad is now in our basement. And, most surprising for me, it's fine! I've been spending a lot of time griping about this over the past few months, which is ridiculous anyway because it's a situation beneficial for all parties (we get more respite from our massive mortgage payment, as we're splitting it three ways). So I'm feeling rather relieved that it hasn't felt awkward/oppressive/annoying. I hope his dad feels the same ... I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I think it will all be fine. And, honest, I'm not just saying that because Matt just gave his dad the link to my blog. :)

But back to movies -- Matt's dad, a bachelor, is accustomed to having access to the full complement of HBO channels and whatnot. So we are now movie'd to the hilt. I spent my yesterday evening, after Lizzy conveniently fell asleep for the night on a neighborhood walk at about 7:45, flipping around. Let's see: Do I want to watch Big Love, or Domino, or The Matrix: Revolutions, or Kuffs (Christian Slater -- oldie and a baddie. So why did I watch a half-hour of it? To enjoy the campiness, I suppose), or X-Men 3, or You, Me and Dupree, or Falling Down, or Wedding Crashers, or ... Actually, what I would have preferred is if I'd remembered earlier in the day to hit 'record' on the DVR, so I could have seen the five-set Wimbledon tennis final between Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer. Federer's got as many Wimbledon titles as Bjorn Borg now! Whoa. (yeah, I know. you're all thrilled to hear it.)

So I guess technology, and large bills to your cable company, can't accomplish everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment