Wednesday, October 25, 2006

another Maisel

It's official. I'm now a Maisel.

I got my Social Security card in the mail yesterday. "Katharine Rachelle Maisel," it says.
I showed Matt. He looked genuinely a little horrified by the prospect.
"Another Maisel in the world," he said, wide-eyed and a little reflective.
An inauspicious start to the rest of my life as a Maisel.

Regarding a little Maisel-to-be, as soon as I can figure out how to change her name:

I love this photo of her. It might be my favorite of her from the wedding day. (not a lot of competition, as she looks grumpy or is asleep in almost all of the rest.) The colors; her expression; the light. Ross outdid himself from the get-go. She's just been dressed here, by Aunt Molly, and awaits her intricate hair braid. (It's been suggested that we each have a gift. That we're each really skilled at at least one thing. I have no idea what my super skill is, but Molly's -- or one of Molly's -- is most definitely braiding. Maybe I'll have to post a photo of that, too.)

Anyhow. I both love and am terrified by this photo. She looks so OLD in it. It's like flashing forward 12 or 13 years to her first prom. Shakes me to my core.



Heeey, what the heck. While I'm at it! Two other favorites that day (though there are many more. I'm just sparing you, for now:



1 comment:

  1. I love the motion and light in the bottom one. :)

    ReplyDelete