Tuesday, September 16, 2008

gratitude

Things I'm particularly grateful for today:

* Running water in our home. Running through the pipes, that is. Particularly our now-functional toilets, and the ability to easily wash my hands in the sink. (imagine doing all those diaper changes, and you can see why hand-washing is a desirable thing for me just now.)

* A husband who is willing -- nay, eager! -- to take a day off work and attempt to install a water heater himself, thus possibly saving us about seven hundred dollars.

* An appliance repair guy who will do house calls that start as late as 8:45 p.m. and run until 11:45 p.m. Even if he was a jerk.

(Matt and his brother did a great job installing the water heater, but the soldering part was just a bit beyond them. No shame in that, methinks. Also, we needed an expert eye on the a/c unit, so it was just as well that the repair guy hit two things at once. It still saved us a few hundred bucks over a repairperson doing the job from the beginning.)

* A husband who really loves me, and who is worthy of loving in return. Even when we might not like each other for a few days now and then.

* Last, but foremost, two precious, darling little girls -- and their bedtimes.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:07 AM EDT

    Soldering isn't beyond me. Thinking I could solder two huge brass compression fittings (with threads on one side only) to a copper pipe was the monumentally stupid part. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Makes you wonder why they sell them in a package entitled "water heater installation kit".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really nice post. It makes me think of what I'm grateful for too . . . maybe I will try a copycat post some day soon. :)

    ReplyDelete