Monday, April 30, 2007

bad re-entry

I'm really frustrated today.

It's one of those days that I really wish I lived on the West Coast. Mostly so that I could see various offshoots of my family, but also for the sake of the West Coast, itself. It's one of those days that I'm bitter to be 'stuck here' in D.C.

It's one of those days that I really wish I could spend with my daughter. I don't see why, at the least, my company doesn't even consider letting anyone work from home. So that, in just a bit more than a year, when my daughter starts going to elementary school (probably), she can't come home to see her own mother when school is over. Or so I could gain a good three to four hours a day otherwise spent cursing fellow Northern Virginians in miserable traffic.

One of those days that I just wish things were, well, different.

I guess that's my way of saying, we had a great time with my brother and his family in southern California. I really, really wish we were all still there.

Photos and descriptions to come, some evening when I have a few minutes to myself at home. (in other words, don't hold your breath waiting for them.)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:19 PM EDT

    Kate, you're totally speaking Amelia's language with regard to staying home. I wish I made enough that work was an option for her and not a necessity. We hope to work toward that someday. Even if we weren't going to have kids, I would like to do that for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:10 PM EDT

    We wish you were still here, too! What a blast. We're going to have to hit Magic Mountain together next time!

    -Brother Ben

    ReplyDelete